Thread: Manti Te'o
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012   #19
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217165 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manti Te'o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I don't get all the Texans draft hype around the board regarding Te'o. Cushing will be back next year, and he will be our MLB of the future. There's just no way the Texans trade up 15+ spots in the first round to pick an ILB, unless Cushing isn't coming back. ILB should be a 3rd-5th round priority, but before that we need a WR, RT and/or NT. Te'o is a pipe dream.
I think that's the point, though. Now is the time to do some pipe-dreaming. If you don't allow yourself to think of the impossible from time to time, then you never take risks and it's just the same old, same old.

Having Cush and Te'o as our starting inside LBs with Dobbins and James as depth and maybe a developmental guy for STs would solidify the interior of our defense. It would significantly improve our defense.

Can we make it happen? At this point, it certainly seems impossible. But if you had asked me in 2006 if I thought we'd be able to get Demeco Ryans in the 2nd round, I would have told you no. I thought he was a top 10 pick. Things happen and an ILB isn't the sexy pick. If Te'o drops (which I don't expect), I'd love to be able to jump up to about 20 to nab him.

But like you said, it's just pipedreaming at this point and I don't think there's anything wrong with that.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote