View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012   #40
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Kareem Jackson allowing only 2.5 receptions and 35 yards per game

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
So what do think make sense?

Wade came in.
He watched the tapes.
Before even spending any time with these guys on the field, he let Wilson and Pollard walk and he said he will move Quin to safety.
Then they went out and get JJo and Manning.

If KJ sucked, it would make more sense to move him to safety instead of Quin because after all, everybody at least agree that he's a good tackler and can play with the ball in front of him.
I think he saw what you saw, what I saw. Individually he saw talented players with the tools to do their job, but they weren't being asked to do what they were good at.

I still don't think Frank Bush was a bad DC from an Xs & Os POV. We saw what he was capable of doing in 2009. However, in 2010 the year started with a little adversity, not landing a veteran corner, loosing Bullman in the preseason, Cushing being suspended for 4 games, losing Barwin in the 1st qtr of game 1.

Frank Bush's biggest problem was not having the fortitude (read gnads) to continue attacking the LOS like he did in 2009. He took a team of downhill players & had them playing on their heels. I'm sure he also had the secondary "cover" for Kj. Instead of doing their own jobs, they were worried about our "weak-spot"

We gave up a lot of passing yards the first few games & it snowballed. Instead of recognizing the problem, the pass rush, he continued to try to get better at something we weren't built to do & the rules favoring the passing game wasn't helping.

Anytime we got behind in games, you could see he would change his MO & let the front 7 do what they do, play down hill attack the LOS & we would get back into games. Then he'd screw up & play coverage again.

We had one weak spot, the rookie corner. Not that he was bad, but that he was a rookie in a man/man system. Instead of going with that & letting the other 10 guys do what they were good at, he made us weak in all 11 spots.

I'm not a Kj hater, I've defended him since the day we drafted him, Smithiak has hit more times than not on the 1st & 2nd round picks. I watched the guy, he had the size, he had the speed, he had the tools. He played tough & without fear (confidence & fear are two totally different things). I saw all your screen shots of how the defense was "supposed" to play certain coverages & I agreed that your break downs made sense.

He played well for a rookie. But he sucked. Cushing Sucked, Quin (my favorite player) sucked, McCain sucked, Pollard sucked, Cody sucked, Mario sucked... If they played on the defense, they sucked in 2010.

Under a different screen name, before our play-off game against the Ravens, I said if I were Wade, I'd switch my corners. Even though Jjo normally locked up on the other teams #1, he was better suited to play the speedy Torry Smith & Kareem was better suited to play the more physical Bolden.

I'm not saying Wade listened to me, but he did make the switch & it worked out a lot better.

So I wrote all that, just to say this. Don't confuse me for all the Kj haters, I'm just being honest. In 2010 he sucked.