View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012   #55
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3 Amigo Texan "BYE WEEK" Mock 2013 Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Just something to think about, what if Texans do not need a receiver? Although we are #18 in passing yardage, we are 6-1. TE Daniels is only one reception behind AJ (34-33).

Johnson: 34/444 @ 13.1 with 2 TDs
Daniels : 33/416 @ 12.8 with 4 TDs
Walter : 19/279 @ 14.7 with 2 TDs

RBs 22/143

Can we go with that for another year and then choose WR?

If a stud falls to us, probably grab him. That was my thought with Woods. If a franchise type player drops in your lap at any position, catch him. (pun intended).
I have to agree with this. Its not a massive need in my opinion mainly because we play so much 2 WR sets. considering how well walter is playing and that we drafted 2 this year not including jean. i would like to see another year with the group we have.
but as you said if a stud Wideout falls then you probably go after him...we are in a great position to just go BPA!

i would prefer us to go with after a top TE to bolster that group considering there isnt a lot after OD and i like casey as the H-back.
OD is getting older and will start to cost a lot against the cap. it may be the time to groom an heir to OD rather then AJ at this time

Last edited by aussie_texan; 10-29-2012 at 05:53 AM. Reason: added content
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote