View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012   #31
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ever Think the Cowboys Would Try to Mimic the Texans

Perhaps the most revealing example of the mentality of the Cowboys' fans I've seen in recent years was the morning after the Saints won the SB and I was looking at various websites of national newspapers about the Saints victory.
And if you recall the whole thing with NOLA and Katrina back then, it made the Saints SB win more than a sports story, rather it transcended sports and was a social story about what the game meant to the city of NOLA and the surrounding area.
Anyway all of the national newspapers were running stories about what the victory meant to a beleaguered city until I got to to the Dallas Morning News website which took the Saints story and used it as a segway into how the Cowboys could turn their franchise around. In other words it was always about their team, the Cowboys who to themselves were still the center of the NFL universe even just hours after the great Saints victory which lifted a whole area still struggling to recover from a monumental natural disaster and for which the whole nation (except for one place) shared the joy of the victory with the city of NOLA and its fans.
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote