View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012   #27
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 28606 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ever Think the Cowboys Would Try to Mimic the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I don't think Jerry has a problem getting talent. He's got & has had a talented team, he's had talented coaches.

His biggest problem is that he's a circus, therefore his organization is a circus. He's more focused on the brand & lately, the brand has been more important than winning.

& the Cowboy brand is as big now as it ever was, so as a businessman, he's not doing a bad job. But, he needs to put the business aside & be a GM. If he focuses on football, he'll be successful.
Jerry has a talented fantasy football team. He arguably has talent at skill positions but he disregards less glorious positions in the trenches. You build your team from inside out, not outside in. If you don't, you end up with the Cowboys, a team that can show flashes of brilliance, because they do have talented players, but also a team that can fall flat on its face because it is not fundamentally sound.

I agree that the Cowboy brand is as big as any, and if it does take a hit because of Jerry's incompetence as a GM, it will rebound as soon as the team shows new signs of improvement if a real GM is ever hired or if Jerry dies. I disagree that he needs to be the GM. He needs to stick with the business and hire a real GM. He WILL NOT be successful focusing on football... IMHO...
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote