View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012   #26
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Ever Think the Cowboys Would Try to Mimic the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Thanks for the find and for posting the link.

That's some of the dumbest s--t I've ever heard. He's essentially saying: I'm my own boss, so, that allows for more risk-taking, and that risk-taking will eventually pan out.

That makes no sense for several reasons.

1) Checks-and-balances. Everyone needs someone else to stop them from making dumb mistakes (i.e. when he traded a first rounder to Detroit a few years ago for, I believe, Roy Williams).

2) Jerry is too emotional to be GM. GM's needs to be somewhat logical and detached. That's how smart one's stop themselves from making dumb mistakes.

3) His "risk taking" hasn't paid off yet. Obviously, it's time to try another approach, yes?

4) Most GM's have a strong background in scouting. That allows them to see a player's potential more clearly. If Jerry had a REAL GM, the Cowboys would be looking ahead to their quarterbacking future. A real GM would have drafted a decent quarterback a couple of years ago with the idea towards developing him for the future.

If Jerry had any common sense, he'd realize that a GM could be brought in, and be allowed to be the "bad guy", shielding Jerry from backlash when tough decisions need to be made. For example: At SOME POINT, the Cowboys are going to have to deal with the truth about Tony Romo. Hiring a GM to come in and dump Romo would allow Jerry to save face with Romo and with fans. But, because he's too close to the situation, he can't see it clearly.

What a tool.
I don't think Jerry has a problem getting talent. He's got & has had a talented team, he's had talented coaches.

His biggest problem is that he's a circus, therefore his organization is a circus. He's more focused on the brand & lately, the brand has been more important than winning.

& the Cowboy brand is as big now as it ever was, so as a businessman, he's not doing a bad job. But, he needs to put the business aside & be a GM. If he focuses on football, he'll be successful.