View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012   #11
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Would Phillips leave after a Super Bowl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Health and commitment kept Wade a Texan this season. If we win Super Bowl, would he still have same commitment? He still yearns to be a head coach imo. There should be teams willing to give a defensive guru with Texans stats and a ring a chance to be head coach.

I hope McNair has a huge bonus plan to keep him in Houston. Wade is under contract thru 2013 but can leave for H.C. position. If he goes, I am not sure if we have his replacement in house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I hope, for my own sake, that he stays and decides that it's a lot more fun being a DC and stomping people's lights out than having to be an HC and deal with all the crap that falls in the HC's lap.

But I doubt that will happen. I can't see how he won't be an HC somewhere next year and I don't know if we can replace him.
These statements dance around the key point. Whether he retires or moves on to one more shot as a head coach, the bottom line is one day - hopefully in the far future - we'll lose him.

The key point IMHO is:

Are we grooming his successor? If so, then who is he?
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote