View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012   #39
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Johnson: Declining, Evolving, Or Victim of Dominance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
I don't think anything is wrong as much as the offensive make up of this team is different.

Andre doesn't have to go off and have 100 yd plus and a score or two for this offense to go. This offense goes through Arian Foster now. Defenses definitely still respect him. When Schaub and the offense feeds him the ball in the passing game he can carry the load. He just doesn't have to and that makes this offense considerably more dangerous.

I think he's more than capable of having a big game and will whe nthe teams calls on him for it. Until then..sleeping giant.
I see it as a combination of a lot of things.

The same thing happened during the off-season when some folks thought that the Texans also need a #2 WR to replace Walter.

They said Walter is no longer capable of getting open on the outside; well, he showed that he can still can.

The same thing goes for AJ.
I had mentioned how when we played the Raiders, Asomugha+a safety > AJ.
The same goes with Cromartie+a safety > AJ
The same goes with some CB+a safety > Megatron

When two guys don't make mistake, it's impossible for a WR to beat them by himself. And he would need good help from his QB often.

Everybody declines with age, that's for sure.
In this case, it's not quite the age (even though it does contribute a good part to the equation), but it's more the nagging injuries.

So far, I don't see it as a hindrance to his game.
He's being targeted the least number of times since he's been here and he's still on the way to a 1K season.

444/7*16= 1,015

I think it's a good idea to monitor his health and his snap counts; we're going to need him in the play-offs as some have already suggested.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote