View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012   #23
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 243112 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ever Think the Cowboys Would Try to Mimic the Texans

Jerry Jones loudly proclaims he has the best GM in the NFL. He says if you don't believe him, just ask the owner.

Quote:
October 27, 2012
Jerry Jones says being owner leaves him free to risk losses as GM: 'I can ... come back for more'

One of the reasons Jerry Jones has job security as the Cowboys general manager is that he believes he is free to take risks, also being the owner.

“That is one of the luxuries of my position as owner as well as the ultimate decision maker, general manager and president – I can do that and take the losses and come back for more,” he said this week at Valley Ranch, talking about his management style.

“I have won with that style,” he said. “We are not managing a widow-woman’s retirement account here. In other words, to compete, I think we need to be aggressive. You play the game, you manage the game that way. You take some risks. When they don’t pay off, they look bad. That has happened.”
link
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote