View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012   #24
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: JJ Watts draft day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
In all fairness, did anyone like the JJ Watt pick? I know I wasn't all that impressed. Was anyone?

It was Wade's first pick as DC, and it was the first round, and we all expected a big splash. We didn't get one, and very few people were impressed, including myself.

Clearly, we were all wrong.
I was ambivalent at the time, I was actually hoping for Aldon Smith but the 9ers scooped him up first. I figured if Watt started his rookie it was probably a sign of our defense being in dire straits, not because of actual talent. I was definitely wrong on that part.