View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012   #12
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans version of the WCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
Thanks for the post. I always wondered what really defines a WCO. Steve Young's take on it is very interesting... the QB's feet are tied to the receiver's route. This makes timing & choreography extremely important. It takes alot of practice. I believe this is why most WCO teams script their plays. It gives them an opportunity to practice over & over exactly what they're going to run, so that the timing is perfect.
That is not the point of scripting. Keep in mind the offense is designed to look like pass or run at any time and to have a number of plays from the same formation. The scripting is to see how the D is going to react to a certain formation. I can't remember the season but for example on a scripted play the Texans ran a reverse to Kevin Walter - everyone was huh? - WTF? Later in the game the Texans showed the same look, got the same D alignment and torched them for a long bomb. It was set up by what they saw on the scripted play.