View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012   #16
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 146868 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3 Amigo Texan "BYE WEEK" Mock 2013 Draft

thanks very much for the quick responses, a couple lines really stood out and sold me on the players. for instance "he's no kevin walter, but he'll stick his nose in there". for all his warts, jacoby jones was the same way and i can think of several big runs from arian where jacoby has his man locked up down the field. similarly not someone to motion as tightend, but if woods has that same want to downfield, i'm on board.

where i'm most surprised is at linebacker. yall conclude that there's teo and then everyone else. if this is the case (and yall's track record speaks for itsself), is there another player in the middle rounds to look at? i keep thinking of this as similar to the 2006 draft. d'brick didnt grade out for the #1, so we instead loaded up in the 3rd round with winston and spencer. since we cant afford teo, is this possibly another "load up later" scenario?

i also disagree with "we only need a 2 down linebacker", we already have a handful of those. in this day of spread and hurry up offenses, nickel has become almost the base defensive formation. we dont have that however, instead going from 3-4 to dime because we lack the personnel for a strong nickel. the missing piece is at linebacker, someone to pair with cushing who can shade tightends as well as support the run game. glover does a great job filling in, but doesnt have the size for the jobs asked of him and would be much better suited staying in the secondary as opposed to pushing over the tightend.

again in that area, cody has almost 1/3 of the snaps as jj watt and 1/2 as many as smith. we arent in our base 3-4 very often, so when evaluating players, i'd put extra weight on their ability in 2-4-5 nickel formations.