View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012   #28
417Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 4299 417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Johnson: Declining, Evolving, Or Victim of Dominance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Yeah, I've noticed this, too. He's not getting separation like he used to. I accepted the fact last season that he's not going to be the best WR in football for the rest of his career.

But, I think he's still got good hands and ability to overpower defenders at times. He's not the deep threat that he used to be, but I think he's good enough that defenses will still account for him.

However, a solid CB can cover him now, like we saw with Cromartie in the Jets game. AJ would have dominated a guy like that a few years ago, but Cromartie was putting up a Revis performance that night. Fortunately, we do not need AJ to win games, so his diminished skills will not hurt us as much as it would have in 2009.

Age and injuries are the great equalizers in football, as always. Nobody, not even the greatest of greats, can beat that simple fact of life.

AJ still is a all pro in my book and will make big time plays when the post season comes around.
417Texan is offline   Reply With Quote