View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012   #12
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53113 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ever Think the Cowboys Would Try to Mimic the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I hate to say this, I really do, but I believe this as fact. If Dallas' fanbase consisted only of Dallasites present and former, they would not have the bad fan reputation they do.

It has seemed to me for years the horrible Dallas fans are the ones that never lived there. The ones I grew up with in Houston come to mind first, the ones in Austin second. All the cool ones are from there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
As a Dallas fan that grew up in Ft. Worth, I can see this a little but I also see the other side of things too. Houston fans pride themselves on being "classy" and being here and seeing ya'll towards your team, I agree somewhat. But I wouldn't call Houston fans..the city.. in general that way. Living there and hearing the constant Cowboy hate talk on the radio, even when the Texans were a subject really turned me off. I've even seen the best Texans fans admit the city suffers from a little brother syndrome that has made people for years just obsess with Cowboy talk. I always tell people it goes both ways. You get bad Cowboy fans because you taunt the lion in the cage by constantly discussing Cowboy hate and fans. Chicken or the egg. Overall when I first moved to Houston in 1993, I didn't get that as much from Oiler fan and I was an Oiler fan as a secondary team. I'm going GP and babbling here.....but my point is there are bad fans in every lot. BUT I do get where you are coming from somewhat because 90% of the people I know who root for the Cowboys grew up with or around me in the DFW area.

Here is an example of trash fans hating...Soldier/Cowboy Fan who lost legs in Afghanistan taunted at bar after Panther game

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ball-fans.html
The Cowboys are a lightning rod like other nationally popular teams (Lakers, Yankees) because they attract a lot of bandwagon fans. So that explains some of the hate for the Cowboys in Houston. You'll find the same sentiment in most other cities, but maybe not to the same extent. I lived in both Houston and Dallas for extended periods of time, Dallas being the most recent one, and I kind of agree with both of you. I think Cowboys fans from the Metroplex ARE different than those who have no Dallas ties. A lot of my friends are Cowboys fans, and they actually ask me about the Texans from time to time. I also think some Texans fans are a little too jumpy about the Cowboys and think there is some rivalry between the teams, when there really isn't.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote