View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012   #25
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Johnson: Declining, Evolving, Or Victim of Dominance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I agree completely. While AJ is certainly getting older, I think the simple fact that this offense has so many options has more to do with his declining numbers than anything else.

And that's a good thing. Don't wear him out during the 16 game schedule, because I have no doubt 'beast mode' will be tapped into during the post-season. Dude waited a long time for 2011 to happen, and I'm sure he's looking forward to another couple of playoff games in 2012.
I don't see the same player. He isn't exploding out of his breaks like he used to. I think he will still be productive but the days of Andre being one of the best WR's in football are behind him if this is how he is going to play going forward. Kubiak will scheme up a few tricky plays and bust him open but we haven't seen him make many big plays that didn't have some play action or the defense getting fooled via scheme.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote