View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012   #11
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans version of the WCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
Thanks for the post. I always wondered what really defines a WCO. Steve Young's take on it is very interesting... the QB's feet are tied to the receiver's route. This makes timing & choreography extremely important. It takes alot of practice. I believe this is why most WCO teams script their plays. It gives them an opportunity to practice over & over exactly what they're going to run, so that the timing is perfect.

So if the WCO was meant to be a pass-oriented offense, we seem to run something a bit different since we clearly like to run first.

Who was the first to combine zone-blocking with the WCO? Shannihan?

How is the Shannihan WCO differ from the Kubiak WCO?
Your first question was addressed in the posts above.

I'll try to get to the other two later.