View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012   #9
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans version of the WCO

In 2009, TC had another piece to complement her original piece; you can find it here:

http://blog.chron.com/texanschick/20...to-the-future/

The differences between a Denver offense and a traditional West Coast Offense

“The running game does not in any way resemble Bill Walsh’s version of the West Coast Offense. Mike Shanahan and Alex Gibbs completely changed the way the blocking is carried out. All five O-linemen and the tight end must work together seamlessly. Their steps completely in sync with each other. Each of the linemen must be able to block in space to take care of LBs or safeties."

Here, I notice a difference when another Bronco fan talk about personnel; I figure we've already found out that this is a more "political correct" way:

The “right” personnel for the scheme

A number of Texans fans wondered why Dave Ragone was released, and why various players were drafted where they were in the draft. In my mind, it is all about system, and getting the smart offensive players we need to fit the system.