View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012   #8
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans version of the WCO

Fastforward to 2006, Kubiak was now the HC of the Texans and he brought the Broncos version of the WCO to Houston.

Here's an article from TC that describe Kubiak's offense:

http://blog.chron.com/fanblogtexans/...onco-playbook/

Notice that the article was posted in June 2006.

“We’ll bring our system from Denver, although we might change the color of the playbook a little bit, maybe to a little darker blue. But we’re going to have the Texans’ offense, the Texans’ defense and the Texans’ special teams. And we’ll be committed in all three areas, and I can promise you that we’ll be aggressive.”

"The philosophy of the offense is to use SHORT, SAFE passing routes
and balance these with a strong running game. The object is to
control the ball for long periods of time and march methodically
down the field.
It doesn’t rely on deep passing routes or Hall of
Fame runners who can bust out for 40, 50, 60 yards at a clip. It’s
the SCHEME, not the personnel, that has made the Broncos successful."

Personally, I would question the part about personnel, but I guess the idea behind it has its own merrit.