View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: 3 Amigo Texan "BYE WEEK" Mock 2013 Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Im curious what your other round one options were , both player and position.

Im not sold on a WR in the first .... Just dont see that player making enough of an impact out of the gate to justify a first round pick behind AJ and Walter.
Thats not even taking into account the two they drafted in this last offseason.

I know a lot of people are down on Posey since he hasnt gotten much opportunity .... but the kid has all world "Football" speed as he showed you that in the Jets game chasing down Joe McKnight on the KO return. Also , remember his first catch in the preseason , breaking a tackle and taking it the distance ??
He's going to get more opportunities as he learns the playbook and sharpens his route running.
The Texans offense is just too complex to expect a rookie to jump in with both feet and make an impact.

Then again , maybe you guy's are thinking that this could be the eventual replacement to AJ and are Ok with him having a year or more to learn the offense and hone his skills before being thrust into the lineup.
Both Aj & KDub are over 30, we're going to need a 1 & 2 soon. Maybe not next season, maybe not the season after. But soon. & while Posey may have 1st round talent, chances are still stacked against him being a #1 NFL receiver. Adding another first rounder edges our bets.

I like it.

Not a lot of places on this team I'm dying to drop a first rounder on, but yes, I'd like to know what other options are there. Wouldn't mind exercising the luxury of being able to go BPA.