View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012   #15
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3 Amigo Texan "BYE WEEK" Mock 2013 Draft

To answer an earlier question, we looked at all first round candidates and some that were projected in top half of round two. We want the best player that would fit a need. In the near future, we might choose a BPA that is a QB for instance but with Schaub and TJ and Keenum in Kubiak's favor on PS, no way could we see drafting a QB thisdraft but will not rule it out in future. Some guys we strongly considered were Johnathan Banks, T'eo, Matthews, Barrett Jones, Terrence Williams, Cordarrelle Patterson (climbing the charts), Jesse Williams, Syvester Williams, and Sheldon Richardson. Some were ruled out as should be gone by our pick. We then compared skills set/potential (yes it does matter), ceiling and team need. Also important is would McNair agree to pick (Da'Rick Rogers)? While we disagreed on some we went with consensus after thorough discussion.

As Beerlover said for those of you interested in draft, this weekend offers some very good games.

My concern on Robert Woods is he has dropped some but after combine should rocket back up & might not be there when we select. If there is a franchise type player especially at a need spot that could take over eventually for an icon like AJ, you just have to be willing to take that chance.