View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012   #40
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans 7th Best Team in NFL, 3rd Best in AFC - Football Outsiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Peyton Manning has been working in that system for all of 2 & a half months & they are already the most efficient team according to Football outsiders numbers, which have normally been accepted pretty well around here.

Now that they say we aren't the best team in the league, we're going to pick apart the flaws in their system. "Best" team doesn't always win. If the Broncos is better than we are & we beat them, dominated them, that can only be a good thing. Much better than us beating up on inferior teams.

Especially now. The teams we'll see from these two clubs in December won't be close to the teams we'll see at the end of December (& that's what really matters). We're either going to be better or worse. The regular season is a journey to the play-offs, that's the real season, the one that really matters.
I don't care what the numbers say. I know what my eyes tell me and they've racked up a lot of offensive numbers having to scramble coming back this year. They've been clearly outplayed in just about every first half of all of their games. So is their second half play indicative of the true team? Some would say yes, and some would probably say no highlighting teams sitting back to try to protect leads.

I never said they weren't a good team. I personally don't buy into these types of computer stuffed stats, but that's just me. I watch the games and form my own opinions. So the numbers can say they're better and thats fine. Our record shows we were the better team when we played them on that day in Denver. Is that better for you?
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote