View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012   #12
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3 Amigo Texan "BYE WEEK" Mock 2013 Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Yes, we should get 4 compensatory picks:

Mario Williams - 3/4th
Mike Brisiel - 4/5th
Joel Dreesen - 5/6th
Jason Allen - 6/7th

The Texans signed zero qualifying free agents, so every loss should result in at least a 7th. Play time, games started and contract size figure into this equation, so those are just rough estimates.
Awesome! I thought teams get capped at 3 comp picks though? Like I said, I am hardly an expert. Usually I dont work these into my mocks until we know for sure, but BB and BL were confident in us getting at least 2.

Also, how does Mario's recent play affect the picks? I know the formula is secret, but it takes into account salary and play. Are we more likely to see a 4th than a 3rd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
Great work guys!

You hit all the areas I believe the Texans are thin at (NT, TE, & ILB), and gave us good depth at other positions as well as bolster STs. I'm with some of the posters on drafting a WR in the 1st but if Woods is as good as you say he is, and the Texans still feel it's a need, then I wouldn't mind the pick. I think my favorite pick is Jackson the ILB. He may not be a 3 down ILB but we need somebody in there with an attitude (like Ray Lewis) that will punish people. I'm just worried he won't be there when the Texans pick. He will probably start moving up draft boards soon if not already.
The 1st round really came down to value. Woods has incredible value at the end of the first, and we could use an upgrade/future number 1 guy.

Jackson is an interesting player to place. He is definitely a 2 down player though, which I think when coupled with his small school status dooms him to being a 3rd rounder.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote