View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012   #208
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Super Mario not so super so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
For the record, I still side with the big guy. I don't think he insulted the Texans in any way by chosing to play in Buffalo. I do not think his stat line is indicative of his play or his ability. I never thought he "took plays off" or that he didn't give his all on every play.

If I were in Buffalo's F.O. I'd still be very confident in the acquisition, & would ask the Bills nation to be patient with Mario, the Bills, & Gailey.

I don't know what the issue is in Buffalo, but I never once thought Mario was the issue in Houston so I seriously doubt he is the issue in Buffalo.

They've got too much talent on that defensive line for it to be a pass rush problem. Just like us, when we had three 1st rounders on our line.
I used to post how Mario didn't need hands because his only move was to rush around the outside. He had/has no real other moves. It's been a long time since O's had to specifically account for him on plays. In fact, this season tackles haven't needed any support defending his rush. While he was here as a Texan, the excuse is that you couldn't blame him for being picked 1st for $50 million dollars and always being injured. Now most of us are quite content that we are not the ones having to say it's not his fault that he was given $100 million and is always being injured.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote