View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012   #72
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are the Texans trading for Dwayne Bowe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
Bowe costs abou 10 million... A first rounder about 1 million... In the NfL the worth of a player is determined as a combination of both, his contract and his value on the field. And I don't think the Texans are ready to take on such a huge contract for a WR... Heck, right now with the cap situation they are not ready to take on such a contract for anybody...
No Bowe wants $10m & with new cap no team is going to give him $10m. Look at contracts of Foster first year apprx $5m; Schaub's 2013 $7.25m and Duane Brown's apprx $2.5m base for 2013. It is all in the bonus upfront cash and guaranteed money.

We can work a deal for Bowe just like we will for Cushing. The guy is three years younger than AJ with same basic stats. You take a proven vet over three young guys that cannot find themselves on a football field so far.