View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012   #205
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 12708 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Super Mario not so super so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Rick Smith did not want him back... not at that price. Your post is unfair to what actually happened. What somebody says in front of a camera ("we want Mario back") and what actually happens behind closed doors is two seperate things. He said all the P.R. things in front of a camera, but never backed up a brinks truck. If this was someone like Watt, Rick Smith would've moved heaven and earth and Duane Brown or Matt Schaub would've been franchised and the other probably would've been a FA. Yes Smith would've taken him back.. at the right price. When his street value went through the roof (same thing happened with Nnambi) Smith cut bait and I thank him for that.

Being a good G.M. is like being a good card player.. you have to maximize your returns and know when to hold'em and when to fold'em. Rick Smith laid down his cards and folded on Mario Williams, so yes.. he does get credit for not signing one of the worst deals in NFL history.
Good point. I agree.

If you guys REALLY want to see a sure sign of "We want you back," wait until JJ Watt's contract is up in a few years. It'll be monumental.

As for Buffalo, all I can do is shake my head. What were they thinking? None of this is new regarding Mario.

Someone in Buffalo should be fired.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote