View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012   #43
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are the Texans trading for Dwayne Bowe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
I would normally agree with this, but the Texans should be in a "this is the year" mode. If the salary cap works, this is the type of move that a we are ready now team would/could /should do. The biggest real question with the Texans offense is can the team lean on the passing game to win football games? I know that when close or ahead, the passing game is fine. Not sure when down 10 in the 4th quarter and we have to pass to win.
I agree that the window to win in the NFL is a short window unless you're the Steelers, Packers, and the Pats. I hope the Texans can become a perennial contender like those teams, but it's tough to sustain that kind of success over the long haul. I just don't see Rick Smith pulling a move like this. Bowe can be a great red zone asset for us, but it'll take him a long time to pick up this complicated offense.