View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012   #8
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Daryl Sharpton???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
battleredblog.com said he wouldn't be back in the near term. They had some quotes from Kubes I believe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Wasn't he still on crutches a couple of weeks ago?

I'm not holding out any hope of Sharpton making it back this year.
Like you guys are saying, the quotes I saw from Kubiak (regarding adding Sharpton to ease the loss of Cushing, back in the aftermath of our Jets game) is that it doesn't look promising.

He said something to the effect of Sharpton wouldn't be ready even by the time Sharpton comes off the injured list. So that means he's probably going to get fully I.R.'d unless he makes a huge turnaround soon.

Joe Flacco is not exactly a great test of our defense, either. I worry that this one beatdown we put on Flacco and the Ravens is more mirage than mettle. WITH Cushing, I think we're the best team in the league. Without him, I fear we're vulnerable to teams like Green Bay who have playmaking QBs who can beat the blitz better than Flacco can.