View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012   #49
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I do not disagree with you.

However, Kubiak is just calling the plays. I do not think Kubiak looks at 3 and out as a valid strategy. Every play is designed to be successful. Sometimes it is as simple as the players having to execute those plays. You can't really blame Kubiak if Schaub throws a ball to a receiver that is a yard short, or if they call a running play and some lineman blows his assignment. There's often a fine line between failure and success in the NFL. Sometimes that line is in control of the guys on the field.
Yeah man, but the point is the plays Kubiak has traditionally called are far too predictable. I know you watch the games so ask yourself how many times you have seen this team in the late third/early fourth quarter just run 3 straight downs and punt the ball multiple drives in a row? That's all well and good against the Gabbert's and Sanchez's of the world, but it doesn't work so well against the Rodger's and the Brady's of the world. You have to be willing and ready to step on their throats. Throw the ball a little. Keep the defense honest.

Anyway, I sincerely hope this is a new Kubiak. I need to see it a couple more times to believe it though. I am ecstatic about what I saw. I hope I see it more often. Go Texans!!
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote