View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012   #89
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 Texans Draft Needs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I'm going to assume Wade & Gary were right & their "projects" work out. Caldwell & Newton, already as good as Brisiel & Winston in pass pro step it up & we again have the best line in the NFL at the end of the season. Myers & Brown go to the Pro-Bowl & first team All-pro. Garrett, Casey, & OD become the best trio of TE/FBs in the league. & Jean & Martin solidify our recieving needs & Posey shows flashes of why he was drafted (he's been out of football for a long time, expecting him to be uber productive with the number of young WR talent + Andre + Walter + TEs/FB + Foster/Tate is asking for a bit too much).

Reed blows up, Barwin blows up, Merci blows up, Crick takes over at NT, Watt stays Watt, Kareem & Jjo go to the Pro-bowl, Joseph is also All-Pro, Jackson is 2nd team, Quin & Manning are the best safety tandem in the league....

In short, we have no glaring needs.

Assuming this, I'd hope the Texans would draft...... the most dynamic punt/kick returner in the draft.
As you know there are some red flags waving in your post. Jean has to remain healthy enough to get on field and then do something. Posey to be worth a third should be able to line up out of the neutral zone even if he missed last year. I have little to no expectations of him this season but he better get it together next season same as Brandon Harris who should be cut if he can't do much better by game 2-3 next year if McCain gone. I think FA Caldwell is gone & why we drafted Jones and Brooks & Smith placed rookie Cody WHite OG on roster when another team tried to sign him off PS.
Crick is doing all he can to earn a spot at DE but is not a nose. Cody is FA and Mitchell is not a starter. In short a glaring need.

AJ as of now is an average WR1 and there is no deep threat on the roster. In short a glaring need.

You completely ignore ILB with James doing little and absolutely nothing behind him. In short a glaring need.

If Barwin blows up, we cannot afford to re-sign him most likely and if he does not do much more than he has prior to Baltimore, why should we keep him. OLBs in our scheme are not assigned to get close to QB but to disrupt and sack QB. If he is gone (Mario) we have basically same package as last year. Mercilus plays the Brooks Reed role as new starter & if we continue with script fom last draft, we go OLB in first round. In short a pretty glaring need.

If FA Quin wants more than we can pay, in short a glaring need.

If FA McCain leaves who replaces him? Carmichael and Harris cannot get on field. In short a glaring need.