View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012   #12
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rookie G Ben Jones gets the start today

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
To be fair, one rarely expects thirds to become starters, and it is not uncommon for them not to play very much at all that first season.
I think it depends on a lot of factors like position (later taken OL can start, but you're right rare that they are EXPECTED to) and what situation the team is in at that position.

Given that Brisiel walked in FA (understandably with that kind of contract) they drafted at the spot. Jones has a pretty high floor, but I think few guards in this year's draft have the kind of ceiling Brooks has, which is why I liked the pick.

I'm really fine with Brooks sitting and getting acclimated to the speed of the NFL cosidering he was playing at Miami (OH). I do think it's pleasantly surprising to see Jones doing well already.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote