View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012   #1
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Prediction - Looking ahead at remaining schedule as Texans enter Bye week

13-3 seems very reasonable to me.

I wonder how many of us can honestly say in early September, they pegged Houston to be 6-1 going into the Bye week...

Anyway, looking ahead. 9 games. 4 divisional. 3 NFC north. Only 3 have a winning record.

- vs Bills (3-4)
- at Bears (4-1)
- vs Jaguars (1-5)
- at Lions (2-3)
- at Titans (3-4)
- at Patriots (4-3)
- vs Colts (3-3)
- vs Vikings (5-2)
- at Colts (3-3)

I personally think the bye is coming at the right time. Get some rest to some groins/hammies for a couple of weeks. Give the Defense some more time to get the post-Cushing identity realized.

I know we could speak volumes on playing our division, but at the end of the day, I can't pick anyone in the AFC South to likely beat us. It's possible, but not probable. We should take all 4, thus we are looking at 10 wins.

Three teams that stand out to me as the most concerning are the Bears, Patriots and Vikings. Not because of their current record, but I am suspicious of NFC north teams after the G.B. game. And I am always nervous to pick against the Pats. I honestly feel that the Bears are subject to a meltdown anytime you get into Jay Cutlers' face. I like our matchup to pressure Cutler all game long. The Vikings actually scare me the most. Very balanced with Peterson seemingly back to full speed and has a good D. I will give a loss to one of them, likely the Vikings. Thus we are now at 12 wins.

Leaves us with Buffalo/Mario game, which we should win and the Thanksgiving matchup against the Lions, whom I think Houston is the better team. 2 more wins to hit 14 on the season. Factor an upset in there could be more reasonable at 13-3 to finish the season.