View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012   #83
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 Texans Draft Needs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Eliminated FA movement.... I think that's a pretty overboard statement. I mean look at the Texans this year far as who got picked off the team via FA straight up and who had to be let go for cap reasons.

Corrosion is right in you have to be able to know how to draft and find good value in the FA market. I'm not really expecting the Texans to make another big splash like J. Joseph and Manning again soon, but if there's space next year and the FO feels like theres a player out there that is going to put the team over the top into the SB...I'd like to see them make that move.
That is just it, there will be no space next year or years after; point being all the vet contracts being re-done to open up money under the cap. 2012 is first full year under cap after a full off season. As I stated in another thread couple months ago, examples like Mario support my position as teams like Buffalo come into line with the new CBA of spending percentage. IIRC, 2013 all teams must spend 90 % and only a few did not meet the 80% criteria this season. Also, many of the players who renegotiated their deals, like AJ so they could get upfront money and offer space under cap, that "Bonus" or upfront money is prorated and if player gets cut all of the prorated is forced into the cap.

This could be a good thing for us allowing us to keep good players without overpaying or losing to other teams: Barwin, Quin, Caldwell, Forsett, Casey, Cody, McCain, Butler (?), Demps, Dobbins, Gardner, Shane Graham, Harris, James, Donnie Jones, Nading, and Nolan. It is debatable which are "good."