View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012   #5
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Good Reading - the Texas showed toughness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal McCoy View Post
hmmm. i'm confused as i've repeatedly read (especially here) how Kubiak has no leadership skills and the players don't like playing for him. Can someone explain?
No one ever said players didn't like playing for him. In fact, I'm convinced that the fact that they DO like playing for him is what convinced McNair not to fire him. Kubiaks players have never quit on him.

As for his "leadership" skills, the argument has been that his IN GAME leadership skills and game management (the ability to change course on the fly DURING a game) has needed work. In this area, he has good days (today) and he has bad days (Green Bay). No one really questioned his ability to give rah-rah speeches during the week.

Also, as Kuharsky pointed out in the piece, calling out the captians worked, but it's likely not a card Kubiak can play again. You can only pull that off once. If the Texans slide again, and they need to be motivated again, Kubiak is going to have to figure out another way to get them going. That's his job.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote