View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012   #80
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 Texans Draft Needs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I think for a team to be truely successful , you have to do both - draft well and supliment your roster with quality signings from the FA market. That doesnt necessarily mean high priced , but high production for the cost.

The FA market tends to be the more expensive route to filling roster spots especially when dealing with veteran players as they have a higher minimum salary to go along with a body of work to base pay on. And premium positions /players expect a premium salary (See Mario Williams).
Salary cap has just about eliminated free agent movement & that is what NFL wanted. We will see an occasional pick up like Harris who may give you a year or two at cheap cost but draft is way to go in future.