View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012   #22
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 47328 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Houston Texans are the best team in the AFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
yeah, but the AFC is really awful right now. I think the only two non .500 or worse teams played in Houston today. I'm excited about us having a good team. I just don't think the Ravens are that good in their current configuration.
That said, it feels good to be king of the losers after a decade of struggling to be relevant.

What is really exciting to me is what I'm seeing from the coaching staff. Did anyone else notice the drive at the end of the half when we were up 26-3... I think there were 11 passes and no rushes (not even a play action, I don't think). I happen to believe in running the ball. However, it seems a clear response to the realization that this team will need to be able to succeed in passing situations when it matters against good teams. They are preparing the team for a serious championship run, understanding they need to continue to work on their weaknesses, even if they can hide them against all these lesser foes.