View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012   #57
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 Texans Draft Needs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
DT -- Obviously, Wade doesn't want a classic NT. So let's get a good DT who's better at what Shaun Cody does than either Shaun or Earl are.
Its not that he doesnt "want" that type of player , its that those guy's are few and far between and come with a premium price tag .... He's making do at the position with less and taking advantage of the skills of the players around him.

I guarantee you if he could have that guy right now , he'd jump at the chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
The Packers game should have exposed why we need a "classic NT." With a classic NT being the guy that takes 2 O-linemen to block him, that frees up JJ Watt and/or your LB's to make plays. In the GB game Watt was taking the double coverage leaving Cody to make the play. Ain't happening! Don't know if Wade will draft a bigger NT, but we definitely need on that will command 2 blockers, so Watt or the LB's can do their thing.
The DL has had issues in earlier games being run against but the Packers definately exposed them. I really wonder how much missing Cushing has to do with what happened to the DL against GB.
Offenses have to account for Cushing on every play .... Not having to gameplan for both Cushing and Watt made their jobs significantly easier.

Either way , Cody will be a FA after the season and I have no idea if they will retain him or look to replace him in FA or the draft.

Considering really good DT/NT's tend to go early , finding that guy in the draft might be problematic , paying for that player in FA may be expensive too.

Right now , I dont know how I would rank the Texans needs in the coming draft , injuries , FA , players aging and some just not producing , even tho they are 5-1 I see a lot of improvement that could be made.

RG , RT , NT/DT , ILB , WR in no particular order.

RG/RT spots havent come along as well as most of us hoped .... maybe they improve over the course of the season. If not , these are positions in need of help considering how important the running game is to the execution of this offense.

NT/DT discussed above. Lots of options.

ILB - Expect Cushing back to his normal self and James hasnt been horrible but could be upgraded as well as the depth at the position. Sharpton isnt that guy.

WR - drafted a couple this year but they havent really produced , Going to hold off on calling it a serious need until further notice , hoping they rookies develop. Both have speed to burn .... and Jean will be back soon and he's a gamer.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote