View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012   #56
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84496 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 Texans Draft Needs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
We sure seem to have a bunch more chinks in the armor than we did in August . I don't know about mock drafts but I do have likes and concerns .

1. A 3/4 with no pass rush from the OLB is a concern .
2. A TE who is a big target ( 6'6 ) and a really good blocker would be nice .
3. ILB depth
4. OL help
5. WR help
6. QB to groom to challenge TJ .
6. DL help
7. I like the OU FB .
1. Mercilus was drafted to be that guy. I trust Wade.
2. Agreed TE is a need, but there isn't much difference in a 2nd rd TE like Sims and a 5th rd TE like Lutzenkirchen. (Who I really like alot) IMHO
3. We think alike on ILB, Knott from Iowa St. would be a good fit with the Texans
4. OL help, depends on how you feel Jones/Newton will develop. I rate this as a higher need because the Texans are a run 1st team.
5. This is the #1 need IMHO, Luckily this is a very talented and deep draft class.
6. If one of the top QB's fall (Bray) I would take him in the 1st rd. Otherwise a 3rd rd guy I like is Murray from Georgia. He reminds me of Brees.
6. DL help, NT is #2 need on my list, because if Cody leaves Micthell cant handle NT on an every down basis.
7. Love Millard, this guy is just a football player.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote