View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012   #15
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jets linebacker Calvin Pace says Pats run “borderline illegal” offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
[b]What is the rule? The offense has to wait for the defense to set? What is to stop a defense from taking their time in getting set, thus slowing down the offense?

Just curious about the rule, as I have always been under the impression that the offense could snap once the ball is set and the whistle is blown.
The offense has to be "set" for 1 second. It's been that way for ever and Peyton with the Colts, Brady now, and I'm sure a few others are blatantly ignoring it and getting away with.

But then, as I've read here before, this ain't the game your Daddy/Grandpa knew. And me for that matter.

The rules are now out the window and IMO bsht. A rule is a rule.

The play the Panthers ran at the goal line last season is a prime example. Every lineman standing up, moving around, swinging arms, moving feet and then Cam hands the ball to another guy who wasn't set. We all saw it. Illegal as hell but a score. YouTube it and see if you think it follows the rules. Let me save you some time. It DIDN'T. Absolutely an illegal play. The score stood and I was and still am livid.

Same thing with Peyton and others as well.

Total BS!

Opposing opinions?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote