View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012   #24
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: No Huddle vs. Our Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i was talking to a buddy of mine about this before the packers game, we struggled last season against the hurry up offense as well (outside of an electric game against the falcons). the conclusion that i came to is that it takes wade phillips out of the game. when teams no huddle against us we have to play a vanilla package or pre-set calls, instead of getting our plays from the sideline. we saw what happened last year without wade, we were completely unable to make adjustments - and that's what i see happening against hurry up offenses, we become talent without direction and are forced to react on defense.
I would also think they may not have known how to adjust, since they didn't have a full training camp. Sunday night, I saw them moving & rotating on the back end, in a way that I hadn't noticed before, which leads me to believe it's something we'll get better at over time.