Originally Posted by Tailgate
Will these guys ultimately be the undoing of our Team?
I knew coming into this season that this would be the year that defines our current regime. I know there is ALOT of ball left to be played, and its certainly possible that we improve on last year. But, I have this bad feeling that these guys are going to ultimately be the death of us.
Dreeseen - We sorely miss his blocking abilities in the 2 TE formation.
Ryans - He was a true leader and the ONLY reason we could afford losing him was because of Cush. We now have a gaping hole in the middle of the field as a result of the injury.
Winston and Brisiel - Well, looks as though these guys are not as easily replacable as we had hoped to this point. It has been a never ending rotation at both positions and I see no light at the end of the tunnel yet as far as long term solutions.
Leach - I know he was gone 2 years ago, and having Casey is fantastic and adds another dimension, but I dont think this balances out positively for us.
- Meh, he opted to go back to his home. I would've liked to keep him but Daniels, Graham and part time H-back(ish) Casey aren't exactly chopped liver.
- Better suited for the 4-3. That said, the FO and probably Wade probably overestimated what Bradie James had left in the tank. That coupled with the Cushing injury didn't work out well, but hell everyone is a MMQ.
- Love the guy as a person and everything he did while here (I'm looking at you Gary) as a person. With that comes football facts. His last two seasons weren't all that great, especially for the money he was due.
- He chose to opt out. His choice. Disappointing for sure, but nothing we could've done about.
Granted the last two were the right side of the line and maybe that's why we're seeing a decline in our offensive production. On the positive side both those guys leaving helped lock-up Duane Brown. Once Newton, Jones, Caldwell (or whatever combination) get some continuity, they'll be fine.
- I love the guy. In fact, he was on 1560 earlier this evening. He just was too expensive for a true Fullback which is an antiquated position nowadays. I hope nothing but the best for him except this Sunday and sometime in January.
First off, losing good players that you would love to keep is a good sign. I truly mean that. It means you have a pretty good football team with good players that other teams want. That's never been the case prior to the players you outlined above. Second, we're 5-1 about to be 6-1, so quit being: