View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012   #30
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dreessen, Ryans, Winston, Brisiel, Leach.

Winston was a tough cut to make, but 5/5 times I'd rather sign Brown long term than Winston. Though like others I really would've liked to even gotten a late round pick back instead of straight cut.

Brisiel got overpaid, plain and simple. What some people on the board forget is how long it took for Brisiel to develop into a solid player, he wasn't and isn't likely going to get a pro bowl nod, but he was solid. I think Jones probably compares well in physical terms, but Brooks has an insane ceiling.

I hated losing Ryans, but I'm not sure if he was going to get the amount of snaps to match his pay. I do think he would probably have a better plug in than Dobbins after Cushing's injury.

I really do like Casey's versatility, but I do think its unfair to compare him to Leach. Leach is a prototypical skull crushing FB, while Casey is more of an H back who brings a lot more in the passing game. I'd really love to see him get more snaps at TE.

I would have liked to keep Dressen because he was a bigger redzone target than OD last year. I hope in the end the Texans can get the same with he combined efforts of Graham and Casey.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote