View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012   #34
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Johnathan Joseph?

From HT.com

Quote:
CB Johnathan Joseph

(on how he feels about Coach Kubiak feeling positive about his chances of playing Sunday) “I feel the same way, for the most part. I, obviously, want to test it out tomorrow, and I pretty much feel the same way that he feels, other than if my groin was to fail me. But other than that, I feel the same way.”

(on how much his groin was bothering him Sunday night) “It’s kind of hard to say on a scale of one to 10. But it is something that you just want to get behind you and move away from it. But obviously it’s still here so taking it day by day.”

(on how long his groin has been an issue) “Well, actually a couple weeks ago, then it disappeared, then it flared back up again.”

(on how much the injury has hindered him trying to get the job done on the field) “As long as I’m out there, health is not a problem because if it’s a problem, I shouldn’t be out there in the first place. So for me, it’s just about getting 100 percent healthy.”
After having had chronic recurrent groin problems, each time he goes out there without prolonged rest he takes a great chance of extending his injury........each time it extends the performance deteriorates further and the necessary recovery rest period becomes even longer. If he is even rest this week and the Bye, there is no guarantee that he will come back well for the Bills. But it is more likely than if he is re-injured during this game. In fact, if he further injures his groin, it wouldn't be surprising to me if he does return for the Bills game (which may then not be adequate rest) he is likely to function like he did last game or worse. As admitted above, when he was injured initially, his performance wasn't really noticeably affected. It wasn't until he was re-injured that he showed his deficits beginning with the Jets game. A third re-injury can be expected to be even less kind to his recovery.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote