View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jets linebacker Calvin Pace says Pats run “borderline illegal” offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
To my knowledge once the officials tell the clock to start the offense can snap the ball as long as they are set regardless of what the defense is doing.
My thoughts, as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I think its legal, but I also think its cheap.
Trying to catch a defense in the middle of a substitution is a little bush league to me

Its fair by the rules, but its taking advantage of the purpose of the rule
I completely disagree. If it's legal, then it's just another strategy to employ in a game full of strategies. Bush league to me is what Tampa Bay was doing at the end of games during victory formations. JMO

The thing is that the opposing team can do it, too (Calvin Pace even wishes his own team would use this tactic).

I wish the Texans would pull this out sometimes. It's a good way to disrupt any rhythm that the defense might be finding, and winning the game is all that really matters at the end of the day. There are no asterisks besides wins and championships.