View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012   #15
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18096 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dreessen, Ryans, Winston, Brisiel, Leach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Will these guys ultimately be the undoing of our Team?

I knew coming into this season that this would be the year that defines our current regime. I know there is ALOT of ball left to be played, and its certainly possible that we improve on last year. But, I have this bad feeling that these guys are going to ultimately be the death of us.

Dreeseen - We sorely miss his blocking abilities in the 2 TE formation.

Ryans - He was a true leader and the ONLY reason we could afford losing him was because of Cush. We now have a gaping hole in the middle of the field as a result of the injury.

Winston and Brisiel - Well, looks as though these guys are not as easily replacable as we had hoped to this point. It has been a never ending rotation at both positions and I see no light at the end of the tunnel yet as far as long term solutions.

Leach - I know he was gone 2 years ago, and having Casey is fantastic and adds another dimension, but I dont think this balances out positively for us.

The Texans are currently 23rd in the league with a 3.8 ypc average. 23rd in the league. Color me very concerned. Will our playaction continue to be a strength?

Look... the Texans may very well go out and beat Baltimore and everything might be hunky dory. But I feel like we have lost some serious toughness in the O-line and the teeth of our D, the middle (which was already a weakness) is going to be exploited.

And I know we could not afford all of these guys, and its all apart of the business. But man, all the talk was a Super Bowl run after last year, when in reality... its looking almost like a stop gap solution, another playoff hello, until we can fix these areas of the team long term and become true contenders for the Super Bowl.

I would not want to be Kubiak or Phillips right now. But I hope they find the way. A 5-0 head start certaily helps the cause. Lets hope we get that hot again at the end of the season.

Beat Balty! Go Texans!!!
Not Texans Thread belongs in NFL section
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote