View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012   #9
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do NOT re-sell tailgate tickets for a profit

What the Texans were trying to do, IMO, was stop people from buying a parking pass and then inviting everyone and their grandmother to come party in the parking lot, which led to groups who were only there to throw a drunk and wild party and had little to no interest in the game(see the last Dallas game).

They want the season ticket holders and their friends to be ones who are enjoying the tailgating since they are primarily the ones who make it what is today. That seems to be who they are trying to protect. And people have to realize there are limited resources in the parking lots, including bathrooms and security. If they let in anyone who wanted to come in, those resources could easily get overwhelmed and you get a situation where the ticket holding fans are suffering due to the people who are only there for the party. So I think they really do have to limit how many people can come in.

That said, I don't know how wise it is to come down on the season ticket holders for selling on the aftermarket. If I buy 4 tailgating passes for my friends and he find out he can't and decides to sell them on eBay, I'm the one who gets in trouble.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote