View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012   #21
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 18555 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Issues on Offense???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
My concern is the line, especially the guard play.
Wade Smith has been a warrior, playing through injuries and such, but his play has been hurting us some.
So did Caldwell's injury.
Ben Jones is playing like a rookie, but a pretty good one, at least a decent one.
Newton has had his bumps, but it looks to me that he has been progressing up to the curve.
It's good to have Harris on board so the OT position seems not to be a weakness.
In addition to the Play, is the leadership/accountability aspect. I'm speculating, as it MAY be present, but when I speak of accountability, I think of Eric Winston verbally calling out the unit's play. Most of the time something like that hits headlines, the pundits will say that should remain in the locker room, so I'll assume it probably is in this case. But who stands out as that person on the line that holds everyone accountable for their play? And maybe accountable isn't the dead on right word.. For example Cush, is someone who comes to mind on D that helps "charge" the defense. Who's that person on Offense? I don't see it being #8, #80.. Maaaaybe #23? But still, not in 23's nature, so seemingly artificial if true.

Is it legit to expect the offense to need such a factor? I know on defense it would seem apparent.