Thread: Reliant's Turf
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012   #36
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 115066 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Reliant's Turf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
That policy goes into effect next year, 2013.

Turf for non-NFL events coming to Reliant Stadium

The article mentions that it would be used this year, but I heard on the radio today that they will start using it next year. I do not know the reason(s) for the delay.

yep, my son said the same thing. He said the players love playing at Reliant, both for the atmosphere and because the field is great.
While "Great" might not not exactly describe their response, the NFLPA player survey done after the 2010 season clearly did not indicate any perceived problem on the part of those who play on it on Sundays. It ranked Reliant as 7th best of the 18 natural grass playing surfaces currently used by the NFL (artificial surfaces were ranked separately). Then again, I'm sure that those watching on TV or from the stands probably have a more informed opinion than the actual players who use it, so nevermind.

LINK