View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012   #8
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 9223 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Issues on Offense???

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxiousdog View Post
What a terrible offense.

Scored 173 points (28.8/g), 5th of 32 in the NFL. (says pro football reference)

And they surely aren't coming from special teams.

I wonder what we'd be saying if they were 10th in scoring, which would still be better than average?

If anything it's the defense that has issues. We've slipped to 8th there and played only two offenses in the top 20 (well, technically, the Jet's are 20th, so 3).
Inversely, a good portion of those 173 points come from short field's thanks to defensive turnovers. For the season, Houston has scored at least 41 points off of nine takeaways. If you look at the offense from a yards per game or yards per play, the Texans Offense is ranked somewhere in the middle.

But, more importantly, if you WATCH the games, it's painfully obvious that the offense is struggling more than it's clicking. Fortunately, they are 5-1 and have plenty of upside.

I don't think anyone is accusing them of being terrible. But compared to what we've been used to seeing it's fair to suggest a need for a "boost".

To be fair, you have a good point in that the Defense needs a pick me up too, not to say they are terrible, but given this thread is about offense. I'll jump back on that side of the ball.

If anyone is like me. The first 5 weeks of offensive "meh" I saw, I chalked up to they have a lead, they are playing conservative, not having to tip their hand. Not to say there were signs to suggest concern, but whatever..they are winning. The Jets game started to raise my eyebrows. The Green Bay game changes it for me in the sense that when the offense needed to play with a purpose(again Defense too), and we got "meh" again.