View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012   #5
Goldensilence
Is this Sparta?

Rep Power: 9088 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Issues on Offense???

This FO in the off-season decided it was going to take in-house solutions and to the draft to deal with loses.

On the OL I think this was pretty much the right call, considering Caldwell was supposed to be healthy, Butler had looked capable in spot duty at both tackle spots and we had drafted two OG with good potential. I think bringing Harris was a good call and could help solidify the T spot for the rest of the season as they rotate Newton and him out. If Caldwell doesn't make it this Sunday it might be a chance for Brooks to get some game time reps, which is going to help going into next season.

Far as WR go... there are teams in much more needier positions that haven't made calls to TO or Burress. The Texans aren't going to either. I've seen sparks time to time from Jean (who needs to get healthy) and Martin. Anything this team gets from Posey is icing on the cake (still think it was a bad pick). This team isn't going out of house for WR at this point, those guys need to step it up.

I do honestly, don't think it would be bad at this point to feed the ball outside to AJ. I still think he's capable of taking over a game outside they just haven't tried to do that because this team wants to and can be more balanced.

Mid-season trades are pretty rare in the NFL as opposed to most other leagues, but if I had a say the biggest thing this team should do is make an trade for help at ILB with Cushing's injury.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote