View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012   #37
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 18555 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Early Line: Houston -6.5 over Baltimore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I think we paid Jacoby the $3M Leach was looking for, so it wasn't a matter of not being able to afford him, but not wanting to pay what he was asking. We didn't want him at that price, if that's what you mean.
Houston couldn't afford both that year. I think the result was due to them having no answer for depth at WR, but feel like they did at FB. There is little doubt that we wanted him at that price.. But cap space set the tone, rather than want.

Vonte was justified in not accepting Houston's offer. He deserved to get paid for being the best at his position. Unfortunately, his position wasn't the staple of how this Texans offense was designed.

Vonta certainly can't be used as an bullet for suggestion that the ravens aren't more talented because of him not being wanted by Houston.

I personally side with BullBlitz, but not naming players. I just feel like the Raven's Offense has been pretty effective, and we are looking at a Texan team learning to play without the Defensive Captain. On the flip side, the Houston offense has shown little sign of operating on all cylinders. There have been flashes, but for the most part.. it's giving me the appearance of a unit that is stalled. The loss of Lewis for the season in Baltimore has been suggested to be of little consequence, as his replacement is proven to play at a similar or better level. Ray's spirit will still be there on the sideline, which IMHO, is his strength.